Population And Development Theories And Policies
Population and Development: Theories and Policies
Unit 1: Population theories
- An overview of the concepts of demography and population studies
- World population distribution, Population Trends, Structures and Characteristics
- Demographic Theories and Perspectives
- The Demographic Transition and population structure change
- Malthusian and anti-Malthusian perspectives on the basic relationships linking population growth and economic growth.
Unit 2: Population growth and development
- Socioeconomic, and environmental related issues from population growth: Environment, economy, employment, health Inequality, Food, Income
- Gender equality, and women’s status in the context of population and Development
- Population structure change and Demographic dividend
Unit 3: Population policies
- Overview of economic, social, and political implications of rapid population growth.
- Population Policies in developing countries including reproductive health
- Population policies in developed countries
- Analyze and evaluation of family planning and Reproductive Health policies and programs in Africa and Rwanda
- Country specific cases studies.